Want a delicious quick bread snack, breakfast, or dessert treat the family will love? Make the best banana bread using your old bananas no one loves anymore and pantry staples to keep from letting those bananas go to waste! These make a great snack on the go for my kids in between school and soccer practice, so quick and easy.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
Everyone always says they have the best banana bread recipe. It’s tradition, after all. The best banana bread recipe is one that comes out moist a delicious every time. You and your family will love this classic banana bread recipe so much, I wouldn’t be surprised if you let your bananas go brown on purpose!
Banana Bread Ingredients
- Bananas – keep reading and I’ll share how to find the perfect ripeness
- Butter – it’s essential in baking, but use the unsalted version since this recipe calls for salt (and then you’ll have salty banana-taste which is just weird)
- Cinnamon – a touch of cinnamon really brings out the flavor of those bananas
- Sugar – you can use a sweetening substitute though banana bread needs added sweetness. Some people prefer brown sugar.
Don’t forget the toppings! This recipe calls for walnuts optionally, though once you get the hang of making banana bread, you can try chocolate chips, toffee pieces, or even blueberries.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
I am a firm believer in keeping things simple. After all, if you want to start cooking more and giving your family more wholesome options, it needs to be simple. You’ll soon stop buying processed baked goods when you see you can make this easy moist banana bread recipe in just 15 minutes. The rest is bake time and you can go live your best life while the oven handles that!
How do You Make Banana Bread from Scratch
Banana bread really is one of the most simple things to bake. Even if you’re not used to baking, which can be tricky, banana bread is pretty foolproof.
- You’ll add the dry ingredients together
- Then you’ll add the wet stuff and bananas to another bowl
- Combine both bowls and voila!
This simple banana bread recipe is so so easy the kids can even help with it! Banana bread is best right out of the oven, though you can enjoy it cooled or reheat it with ease any time.
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Banana Bread
- The golden rule – ripe bananas make the best banana bread. Error on the side of being overripe rather than under. Its what gives it that delicious banana flavor.
- Take the time to measure the ingredients – if you add too much of an ingredient (especially flour) you can end up with dry bread.
- No need to overdo it – do not over-mix the batter or over-bake banana bread. Both of these can cause the bread to be more dense and less moist.
- Get the temperature right – banana bread is best baked at 325-350F. Do not go over 350F.
How Ripe Should Bananas be for Banana Bread?
Overripe bananas are the best bananas for banana bread. You want them when they have some brown spots and are close to being soft. If your bananas are already soft but you don’t have time right now to make banana bread, peel them and freeze them. You can use them any time!
How can I quickly ripen bananas for banana bread?
Bananas not ripe enough yet and kids want banana bread? You can place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 350F for 15 minutes. Allow them to cool and then you can start making banana bread with them. If you have more time, place them in a brown paper bag for a couple days to help them ripen faster.
Why is my banana bread so dense?
You can’t have the best ever banana bread if you overmix the batter. Super moist banana bread is easily achieved if you stir everything until just combined or else more gluten will develop and give you a dense loaf.
Why is my banana bread dry?
Best moist banana bread comes from getting the ratio of flour just right to the amount of bananas in the recipe. Make sure you’re measuring precisely so that your banana bread comes out moist.
How Do You Keep Banana Bread Moist?
Dry banana bread isn’t any fun. That’s why it’s important to stick to the right ratios for dry ingredients versus wet. The key in this moist banana bread recipe is the flour to banana ratio specifically so if you’re increasing the recipe, be sure to follow my measurements and double accordingly to make your banana bread more moist.
This bread is BANANAS!
What does baking soda do to banana bread?
For the best banana bread recipe in the world, you need baking soda. It interacts with the acidity of the bananas in this recipe to give it proper balance and the best taste and texture.
Why do you put baking soda in banana bread?
Healthy banana bread uses baking soda to add lift to your creation. Since it makes carbon dioxide, it serves as a leavening agent.
What is the difference between banana bread and banana cake?
They might seem the same, but banana cake and banana bread are different creations entirely. Banana cake uses soft wheat flour and yeast. Banana bread on the other hand uses baking soda (some recipes use baking powder) and regular flour.
What’s the difference between banana loaf and banana bread?
These two banana creations have very similar ingredients. However, banana bread is made with baking soda and a banana loaf usually requires yeast in the ingredients.
How to Make Healthy Banana Bread?
This healthy banana bread recipe takes ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator and turns them into a delicious treat. You can adjust the recipe to use whole wheat flour, non-dairy milk, and sugar substitutes if you’d prefer to make it even healthier.
How to Store Banana Bread
Homemade banana bread can be stored at room temperature. You’ll want to sandwich it between 2 paper towels in an airtight container or bag. It will keep for about 4 days this way. If you’re not going to finish it before then, consider freezing it.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes, absolutely! And this will be great for quick breakfasts, snacks, or even dessert. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, or use a zippered freezer bag. It will last 2 to 4 months in the freezer. You can slice it first and then wrap the slices individually too for easier serving.
Watch How To Make Banana Bread (Video)
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 stick butter ((melted))
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts ((optional))
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray your loaf pan with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a second large bowl with the melted butter, add bananas and mash with a fork until you have well mashed bananas. Add in the vanilla extract and egg. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top (optional). Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
More banana bread recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.