Take your cauliflower to the next level with this oven roasted cauliflower recipe. With curry powder and paprika, it becomes bright and colorful and full of exotic flavor. My husband and children love this simple side dish that’s become a favorite on our dinner table. Plus, it’s lovely enough to serve when entertaining!
Best Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
When looking for something different to do with cauliflower besides smother it with cheese, this is the best cauliflower recipe. It has bold colors and flavors that make your meal shine. And best of all, oven baked cauliflower a healthy choice you’ll feel good about serving the ones you love. In my opinion, its the best way to cook cauliflower.
Easy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Roasting cauliflower in the oven is very easy to do. This recipe is oven-ready in minutes. Then the oven does all the work while you make the rest of your dinner. You can also make your main in your Instant Pot or slow cooker so all you have to do once you get this in the oven is set the table and put your feet up.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
- Cauliflower – choose a fresh cauliflower head and cut it into bite-sized florets.
- Extra virgin olive oil – helps coat it for cooking.
- Yellow curry powder – creates an exotic flavor while adding bright color.
- Paprika – adds a bit of warmth and rounds out the curry flavor.
- Salt and pepper – season to suit your tastes.
If cauliflower can somehow become pizza…you, my friend, can do anything.
How do you Make Roasted Cauliflower from Scratch
It’s too easy to make roasted cauliflower! Preheat your oven, line your baking sheet, and spray it with cooking spray. Add your florets and toss with olive oil and seasonings until evenly distributed. Then bake cauliflower at 400F for 25 minutes until it’s tender. You can make a whole roasted cauliflower head but sometimes the middle does not cook through.
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Baked Cauliflower Every Time
- Make even pieces. With the florets, keep them all the same size so you cook them all evenly.
- Toss the cauliflower. This will help coat it with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Check it with a fork. At the end of the cook time, you should be able to pierce it with ease to know it’s done.
How to Cook Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower happens in the oven. Cooking cauliflower only takes a few minutes of prep to cut the cauliflower, season it, and then pop it in the oven.
Do I have to wash cauliflower before roasting?
Yes, you should wash off every vegetable before preparing it, even cauliflower before roasting.
How do you cut up cauliflower for roasting?
First, you’ll take the leaves off the base to reveal the stem. Toss the leaves and use a knife to cut the cauliflower in half from the top through the stem, then cut the stems to keep only the florets.
How Long to Roast Cauliflower?
It should take about 25 minutes at 400F to roast your cauliflower. You can check with a fork to see if it’s finished.
How do you know when cauliflower is cooked?
You’ll know when you can pierce it easily with a fork. The fork should puncture the cauliflower without much effort.
Why is my roasted cauliflower mushy?
When you crowd the baking sheet or cook the cauliflower too long, it will get mushy. Make sure you keep the florets the same size and placed in a single layer on your baking sheet. Remember, you can always use 2 baking sheets when cooking more of it.
How do you make cauliflower not soggy?
Using olive oil is an important factor in keeping cauliflower from going soggy in the oven. Also, not overcrowding your baking sheet or roasting too long will help.
What goes well with Roasted Cauliflower?
A main dish that features lentils in curry would be a nice pairing. We also love a good crisp green salad with Asian-style dressing, chicken stir-fry, or even steak to add a healthy side.
What meat goes with roasted cauliflower?
Pork is a great match for roasted cauliflower. Specifically, something tender like a loin cut.
How to Store Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower should be put in the fridge when everyone is finished eating. Make sure you cover it properly.
How Long Does Roasted Cauliflower Last?
When properly contained in your fridge, you’ll have about 4 days to use up your leftover roasted cauliflower. From there, you can move it to the freezer.
Can You Freeze Roasted Cauliflower?
Yes, it’s a great idea to freeze any remaining roasted cauliflower you may have. This can be used for meal prep or on a busy night.
How to Reheat Roasted Cauliflower?
Simply thaw your frozen roasted cauliflower out and heat it on the stove or in the oven when ready to eat.
Watch How To Make Roasted Cauliflower (Video)
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 large heads of cauliflower (cut into bite-size florets)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a cooking spray and preheat the oven to 400F. Add the cauliflower florets onto the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and seasonings until everything is coated evenly. Bake the cauliflower at 400F for about 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Serve immediately.
More cauliflower recipes:
- How Do You Make Chicken Salad From Scratch
- Homemade Chicken Parmesan
- How To Make Pancakes Step By Step
- How To Make Meatballs Step By Step
- How Long Does It Take To Cook Lasagna
- Can You Freeze Honey Baked Ham
- How To Make Lemonade Recipe Step By Step
- Key Lime Pie Recipe Video
- Easy Homemade Banana Bread
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.