With football season underway, I’d feel badly if I didn’t share this Super Bowl crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe with you. Instead of picking up that pre-made junk, this only requires a few ingredients and is so delicious, everyone asks for the recipe!
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Once, my husband forgot to mention some friends would be coming to watch the game. I had little time to spare in getting some munchies together. So I used my crockpot to make the best buffalo chicken dip and threw a few other bites together and voila! Now we always serve it for game time and other parties too.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe takes just minutes to throw together. You’ll use your slow cooker for about an hour and then leave it on warm so it stays the perfect temperature for serving all throughout the big game!
Ingredients in Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Rotisserie chicken – Shred it up so it evenly distributes in the dip.
- Cream cheese – Use the full fat stuff and cube it while it’s cold.
- Ranch dressing – Use your favorite brand (or make it from scratch!).
- Frank’s Extra Hot Wing Sauce – A staple in any Franks buffalo chicken dip recipe. Or any of Frank’s wing sauces of varying spiciness. When doing this for a dip for one of our kid’s parties, I always use something a little milder.
- Cheddar cheese – Shredded cheddar of course makes anything better!
- Blue cheese crumbles – To add that signature buffalo chicken flavor.
How do you Make Buffalo Chicken Dip from Scratch?
You’ll just take everything and put it in your crockpot, except the blue cheese. So simple! Turn the heat to high and time for about 45 minutes. Everything should have melted by then. Take the time to stir it every 10 minutes or so. After it melts, garnish with the blue cheese and set to warm. You can pair it with cut celery and carrots, tortilla chips, or toasted slices of bread.
I wonder of buffalo chicken dip thinks about me too.
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Use cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken is the best for this because it’s perfectly cooked and you can mix white and dark meat for more flavor.
- Adjust your spice. If you don’t like things too hot, you can use the mild version of the sauce. This is what I do if there are kids around so they can enjoy without feeling over-spiced.
- Don’t skimp on the fat. The full-fat cream cheese is absolutely the best way to make this. If you’re feeling bad about it, serve it with veggies to dip in!
What is buffalo dip made of?
This buffalo dip recipe is made from shredded rotisserie chicken, ranch dressing, cream cheese, hot wing sauce, and cheese.
How to Cook Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is something your slow cooker will handle for you. When making this buffalo chicken dip recipe in a crockpot it only takes a little over an hour to make from start to finish.
What do you put in Buffalo chicken dip?
You need cooked chicken, hot wing sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, and cheese. Melted together, it tastes amazing!
Can I use sour cream to make buffalo chicken dip?
Some recipes use sour cream for buffalo chicken dip, though this recipe does not. So while you can use it, cream cheese works best for that thick, rich, and delicious flavor.
Why does buffalo chicken dip separate?
Overcooking is the most common culprit in the separation as is cooking too hot too fast. That’s why the slow cooker is the best method for keeping your buffalo chicken dip in the perfect way.
How do you fix separated buffalo chicken dip?
This usually happens when you bake your buffalo chicken dip. If you follow this recipe, you will be heating everything slowly so that it will not separate.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip runny?
If your dip is runny, it usually indicates you didn’t use enough chicken or added too much buffalo sauce or ranch. Using low-fat cream cheese will also give you runny results which is why the full-fat type is best.
How do you thicken Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can try adding more cream cheese, but the fastest way is to make a slurry of cornstarch and stir it in slowly until the mixture thickens up.
How do you make Buffalo chicken dip less greasy?
Making it in the slow cooker takes care of this problem. That’s because it slowly heats and combines the ingredients which makes it less likely to separate into a greasy mess.
What goes well with Buffalo Chicken Dip
Anything you can dunk in it is a good choice. I usually serve carrots, celery, tortilla chips, or toasted bread slices. Pita chips or fresh slices of pita bread would also work!
What do you serve with buffalo chicken dip?
Fresh sticks of carrots and celery, crackers, chips, or toasted bread are all great choices to serve with your buffalo chicken dip.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Dip
You’ll want to let your dip cool first, then move it to airtight containers in the fridge.
How Long Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Last?
You’ll be able to enjoy your buffalo chicken dip out of the fridge for 3 to 5 days. If there’s too much leftover to eat it all in this time, turn to your freezer.
Can I freeze buffalo chicken wing dip?
Absolutely! Just make sure you’ve put it in a freezer safe container. I go the extra mile and put plastic wrap on top before securing the lid. Doing this, you can keep it for about 3 months.
How to Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can heat it in the microwave in smaller portions though slowly on the stovetop will prevent it from separating. If it does separate, it’s still delicious though won’t look as appetizing.
Watch How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip (Video)
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Frank's Extra Hot Wing Sauce ((use spiciness level depending on preference))
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 8 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- bleu cheese crumbles
- Place all ingredients except for the bleu cheese crumbles in a slow cooker. Heat on high for about 45 minutes or until everything has melted completely. Stir the ingredients every 10 minutes or so.
- Once everything has melted, garnish bleu cheese crumbles and turn the slow cooker to warm for serving. Serve with celery, carrots, tortilla chips, or toasted bread slices. Enjoy!
More buffalo chicken recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.