Creamy and rich, this homemade chicken alfredo recipe makes the perfect dinner for your family tonight! My husband and kids always gobble this up almost faster than I can serve it. Great for a weeknight meal yet delicious enough for company, come see how easy it is to make!
Best Chicken Alfredo Recipe
I once used to buy the frozen chicken alfredo meals. But when I realized how much healthier it was to make a creamy chicken alfredo pasta recipe myself, not to mention more delicious, I’ve never looked back. Made with fresh ingredients, you’ll love how this dish turns out every time.
Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
You can prep this easy chicken alfredo recipe in just 15 minutes. It only takes 30 minutes to cook before you know it, you’ll be serving it to your very impressed family!
Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – You’ll slice these up and they’ll cook much more quickly!
- Homemade Alfredo sauce – You’ll never buy a jar of junk again when you make your own homemade chicken alfredo sauce recipe with whole milk, chicken broth, garlic, heavy whipping cream, and parmesan cheese!
- Salt and pepper – The only chicken alfredo seasoning you need – To taste.
- Fresh chopped parsley – This garnish adds a beautiful, colorful finish.
How do you Make Chicken Alfredo from Scratch
To make this chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe, you’ll start by heating olive oil in a skillet and add the slices of chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook them 4 to 5 minutes per side. Take the chicken from the pan and then add in the milk, broth, and garlic. Season this with salt and pepper too. When it simmers, add your fettuccine and cook until al dente. Then add the heavy cream and parmesan, simmering until the sauce is thick. You can then add the chicken and toss with parsley.
I ain’t alfredo no ghost!
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Chicken Alfredo Every Time
- Slice your chicken first. You can even save time by buying chicken pre-sliced if you’re in a hurry.
- Use real parmesan. I like to grate my own fresh from the block. But if you don’t have it, you can use the stuff in the jar.
- Cook the fettuccine in the same skillet. Cooking everything in one skillet not only gives you less to clean up but also lets the authentic flavors come through.
How to Cook Chicken Alfredo
Chicken alfredo is cooked on the stove top. You cook the chicken first, remove it, then add the fettuccine in broth to cook and make the alfredo sauce recipe.
What is the difference between chicken alfredo and chicken fettuccine?
The difference is that chicken alfredo is made with a creamy sauce while chicken fettuccine can be made with any kind of sauce, creamy or otherwise.
How do you cut chicken for chicken alfredo?
Slice your chicken breasts into strips. Keep them uniform so they all cook evenly.
How to cook chicken for chicken alfredo?
The chicken should be sliced evenly and then cooked over medium high heat with olive oil in your skillet. It should take about 4 to 5 minutes per side to cook it completely.
How do you make chicken alfredo not dry?
You can add a little more liquid to the chicken alfredo sauce if you need to. However, following this recipe, you are cooking the fettuccine in the same skillet and this will keep it from drying out.
How can I make alfredo pasta taste better?
The secret is using the chicken broth to cook the fettuccine and as the first layer for the creamy alfredo sauce. You’ll be imparting richer flavor into the chicken alfredo pasta noodles by doing this.
What goes with Chicken Alfredo
You can’t go wrong with a fresh, crisp salad or sauteed green veggies like spinach, broccoli, or asparagus. Even a nice bruschetta would be a great appetizer for chicken alfredo.
How to Store Chicken Alfredo
Chicken alfredo must be put into the fridge after it has cooled.
How Long Does Chicken Alfredo Last?
You won’t want to let these leftovers linger beyond 3 or 4 days. If you can eat it all, make sure you freeze it.
Can You Freeze Chicken Alfredo?
Absolutely! Go ahead and freeze it. You should aim to use it within 1 to 2 months.
How to Reheat Chicken Alfredo?
Thaw it overnight in the fridge first and then you can gently reheat your chicken alfredo on the stovetop. You may need to add a little liquid to keep it from drying out so keep an eye on it while you heat it.
Watch How To Make Chicken Alfredo (Video)
Classic Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley (garnish)
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, add the olive oil. Add the sliced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- Next, add the milk, broth, and garlic to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Once it has reached a simmer, add in the fettuccine, and cook until al dente. Add in the heavy cream and parmesan. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and stir in the chicken. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
More chicken alfredo recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.