Nothing beats a classic pecan pie recipe like this. It’s the kind that everyone gobbles up around Thanksgiving and then comes back for more until the entire pie tin is left with barely a crumb. I’m always asked to make this family favorite pecan pie every holiday season, and soon, so will you!
Best Pecan Pie Recipe
Truly, this is the best pecan pie recipe. It yields a wonderful flavor and texture. Plus, you may very well have everything you need in your pantry right now to make it. What are you waiting for?
Ingredients for Pecan Pie
- Pecans – naturally, these are the whole basis of the pie.
- Eggs – they are the way to bind this dessert together.
- Light corn syrup – this keeps the pie from crystallizing while adding sweetness.
- Sugar – it balances out the rest of the sweetness. Brown sugar can also be used for a more nutty molasses taste.
- Butter – for that rich taste. No shortening necessary!
- Vanilla extract – just a touch of contrast to tame that sweetness in the right direction.
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
The holidays are full of enough stress. Why not simplify life and make this easy pecan pie? It takes just 10 minutes to prep with only 7 ingredients. The rest of the time is for baking, allowing you to get on the rest of your holiday cooking or simply take a load off and put your feet up. Absolutely one of the easiest and most delicious pies to make at home.
Family is like Pecan pie…something sweet holding all the nuts together.
How to Make Pecan Pie from Scratch
With a ready-to-go pie crust, pecan pie from scratch is even easier. You’ll mix together the filling, pour it into the pie crust, then bake until it’s ready!
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Pecan Pie Every Time
- Half & Half – When it comes to pecan pie, the trick is using part sugar and part light corn syrup. This helps give it that texture you know and love about this pie every time.
- Homemade pie crust – Though you can make life easier on yourself by getting one that’s ready to go. There’s no need to pre-bake it. Just prep the filling, pour it in, and bake. However, if you have some extra time, a food processor, parchment paper, and pie weights, definitely make your own. Here is a pie crust recipe I highly recommend!
How do you make Pecan Pie Filling?
Some people do it differently, but I think the best way to make pecan pie is to take the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla and mix it all together. Then you stir in the pecans! It’s so easy!
Is light or dark corn syrup better for pecan pie?
Light corn syrup is the best for pecan pie because it’s lighter and sweeter. If all you have is dark corn syrup on hand, you can use it. It will add more of a nutty flavor.
How do you thicken pecan pie?
All you need to do with this recipe is cook it for the 60 to 70 minutes duration and your pie will come out perfectly. It will thicken up as it cools. The thermometer will ensure you get the right temperature and consistency inside.
How Long to Bake Pecan Pie
Pecan pie needs to bake for 60 to 70 minutes at 350F. You can insert your cooking thermometer to see if the center has reached 200F to ensure it’s perfectly done.
Why is my pecan pie so hard?
Chances are, you overbaked it. If you follow the baking time on this recipe, you won’t run into hard pie. If your oven tends to cook quickly, you may want to check on it midway. If the crust looks too dark, you can use a pie shield or cover the edges with aluminum foil.
Best Toppings to Serve with Pecan Pie
I can’t imagine serving pecan pie without whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. My husband loves it with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Try it!
How to Store Pecan Pie
Because of the eggs, you will need to store your pecan pie in the fridge. Wrap it with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. In our house, we never get to that point. It’s always gone by then!
Can you leave pecan pie out?
No, you should never leave it out longer than it takes to either cool or let everyone get a serving. Because of the eggs, you will need to refrigerate it.
Can you Freeze Pecan Pie?
Yes, you can freeze your pecan pie but you will need to bake it first. You can wrap it in a freezer safe ziplock bag or container and keep it there for up to 3 months. You will want to thaw it out the night before you plan to serve it.
How to Thaw Frozen Pecan Pie?
Just let it thaw in the fridge. Then you can warm it up and serve it!
The Perfect Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 cup corn syrup light
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 pie crust 9 inch deep dish frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl or deep medium bowl, mix together the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla with a spoon or whisk. Stir in the pecans and then pour the mixture into the flour pie dough crust. Place your pie pan in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center of the pie reaches 200F.
- Allow the pie to cool sufficiently for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
More pecan pie recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.