This juicy grilled chicken breast recipe with marinade will make the perfect main protein for any meal. Forget dry and chewy. When you make this marinaded chicken breast for your family, you’ll slice into tender juicy chicken packed full of flavor. My husband loves it sliced onto salad while the kids adore it with potato salad or even as a sandwich. You’re going to love it too!
Best Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
Why spend a fortune at a restaurant when you can make the best grilled chicken recipe at home? At least you’ll know what’s going into these grilled chicken breasts. It’s the best chicken marinade that gives them such a spectacular flavor that this will be the only way you grill chicken from here on out!
Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
This easy grilled chicken breast recipe is so quick to make. Yes, you’ll have to allow time for marinating, but it takes minutes to put that easy chicken marinade together. Then, it’s only 15 minutes on your grill until the grilled chicken is ready. Making chicken breast on the grill is arguably the best way to cook chicken breast because of the added flavor depth the grill brings.
Grilled Chicken Breast Ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Our main ingredient!
- Minced garlic – Press it yourself and it tastes better than jarred.
- Dijon mustard – Adds a zing to your chicken breast marinade.
- Worcestershire sauce – Gives your chicken breast marinade more depth and more of a smoky quality.
- Italian seasoning – The perfect grilled chicken seasoning that brings all the flavor in your grilled chicken marinade.
- Apple cider vinegar – Added to your grilled chicken marinade to make the chicken tender.
- Lemon juice – For an umami taste in the best grilled chicken marinade.
- Olive oil – to help it grill.
- Parsley – You can use dried or chop some up fresh.
- Salt and pepper – Helps round out your marinade.
How do you Make Grilled Chicken Breast from Scratch?
When learning how to grill chicken, you’ll start by whisking the marinade ingredients together, then put it in a zippered freezer bag. Put the chicken into it and marinate in your fridge for a minimum of 45 minutes on up to 4 hours. When cooking chicken on the grill you’ll want to get the grill up to medium/medium-high, then put the chicken on there and cook 7 to 8 minutes per side. The chicken breast temp should have an internal chicken breast temperature of 160F. Take it off the grill and let it rest 5 minutes. The chicken breast internal temp after that should be 165F and then they’re ready to serve.
When chicken breast goes on sale, I come a runnin’
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Grilled Chicken Marinade Every Time
- It’s all in the grilled chicken breast marinade. That grilled chicken marinade helps impart flavor into each piece of chicken, along with helping it stay tender and juicy inside. A simple chicken marinade can make all the difference.
- When learning how to cook chicken breast, keep the chicken the same size. You don’t want one piece too thick or another too thin. This will make them cook differently.
- Try to marinate as long as you can. If you’re pressed for time, at least give it 45 minutes before putting it on the grill.
- Use a meat thermometer to read the grilled chicken temperature. This will ensure you cook your chicken breast temperature to the recommended internal grilled chicken temp for safe eating. The recommended chicken breast done temp is an internal temperature of 165F.
What is the secret to grilling chicken?
It’s all in the marinade and in the timing on the grill. You have to be attentive to ensure you don’t cook it too long on one side. Also, you need the heat to be around medium or you’ll have a charred outside and a raw inside.
How do you grill chicken for beginners?
If you’re a beginner, this recipe is practically foolproof for grilling chicken. You’ll be a grill master if you try it!
What can I add to chicken breast for flavor?
Chicken breast needs a good marinade that imparts flavors. This marinade has Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, olive oil, and other seasonings to keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
What is the healthiest way to grill chicken?
The healthiest way to grill chicken is to marinate it with olive oil and a mixture of seasonings like in this recipe. This gives it flavor without making it unhealthy.
Should I season chicken breast before grilling?
There’s no need to do so when you’ve marinated it. You should let it sit in this marinade for a minimum of 45 minutes first.
What seasoning do you put on grilled chicken?
With this marinade, your chicken is infused with garlic, Dijon, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley for a delicious, well-rounded flavor.
Should I put oil on chicken before grilling?
Yes, and in this marinade, you’ve got oil to help it grill without sticking and get a nice grilled color to it.
What temperature do you cook boneless chicken breast on the grill?
The chicken breast cook temp should be medium to medium-high heat on your grill for cooking boneless skinless chicken breast.
How do you grill chicken without drying it out?
Using a good marinade like the one in this recipe will give it what it needs to stay tender and juicy inside. Also, avoid overcooking it which will dry it out.
How do you grill chicken without it getting tough?
It’s part letting it marinate long enough and part keeping the right temperature and timing on your grill.
How long do you cook boneless chicken breast on the grill?
Over medium to medium-high heat, chicken breast grill time should be about 7 to 8 minutes per side. Determining how long to grill chicken breast will depend on the thickness of your chicken.
How long do you grill chicken on a gas grill?
When determining how long to cook chicken breast on a grill, your grill should be at medium to medium-high heat. You will grill it at 7 to 8 minutes on each side, taking the thickness of your chicken pieces into consideration.
What goes good with chicken breast on the grill?
Grilled chicken breast on the grill goes so well with just about anything and makes for a healthy meal. Steamed green veggies like broccoli or asparagus, grilled corn, mashed potatoes, potato salad, coleslaw, and all those other barbecue foods are perfect.
What goes well with Grilled Chicken Breast?
Grilled chicken breast is a match for crispy fresh salads, baked potatoes, potato salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, watermelon, and citrus-glazed carrots. It’s a perfect backyard meal when the weather is nice.
How to Store Grilled Chicken Breast?
Once it is cool, grilled chicken breast should be wrapped well and kept in the fridge. Do not let it sit out more than 2 hours.
How Long Does Grilled Chicken Breast Last?
You can keep it in your fridge for 3 to 4 days, making it great for using those leftovers.
Can You Freeze Grilled Chicken Breast?
And that’s what’s beautiful…throw more on the grill and you can freeze them for meal prep. They will last up to 3 months this way.
How to Reheat Grilled Chicken Breast?
Your best bet is on medium heat on the stovetop. Grab a skillet and cook your grilled chicken breast for 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature for your chicken should reach 165F.
Watch How To Make Grilled Chicken Breast (Video)
Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley (dried or chopped)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 4 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together. Place the marinade in a Ziploc freezer bag. Place the chicken breasts in the bag and marinate in the fridge for 45 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium to medium-high heat. Place your chicken breast on the grill and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the breast. Continue cooking until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160F, then remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. The final internal temperature should be 165 degrees. You can use a meat thermometer to reach the desired internal temp.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve.
More grilled chicken recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.