A Guide to Vegan Baking: Banana bread, peanut butter cookies and other treats!
A vegan diet is a diet that excludes the consumption of both animals and the by products of animals. Unlike a vegetarian diet, vegans do not eat cheese, milk, or eggs. A vegan lifestyle is beneficial for a variety of reasons; from improving your health to helping both the animals and the environment. Check out the websites below to lean how to become a vegan, stay health on a vegan diet, make vegan recipes on a budget and more.
All about Veganism
- The Vegan for Life Food Guide
- Vegan Society – Why Go Vegan?
- 12 Things You Need to Know Before Going Vegan
- Veganism in a Nutshell
- Veganism: Eating Consciously and Compassionately
- About Veganism – WHY
- Veganism in American Culture
- How To Go Vegan
Here is how a vegan diet differs from other specialty diets:
Vegan Diet: No animals or any products from animals. This can include dairy, honey, gelatin, and eggs.
Vegetarian Diet: No animal meats at all including fish or poultry but does eat eggs and dairy.
Pescatarian Diet: Will not eat red meat or poultry but does eat fish and seafood.
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian Diet: No meats at all but does eat eggs and dairy.
Ovo-vegetarians Diet: No meats, poultry, fish and dairy, but will eat eggs.
Lacto-vegetarians Diet: Will not eat meat, poultry, fish and eggs, but does include dairy.
Benefits of a Vegan Diet
- Vegan Diets-Health Benefits
- Is a vegan diet for you?
- To Shed Pounds, Going Vegetarian Or Vegan May Help
- Health Effects and Benefits of a Vegan Diet
Negative Effects of Eating Meat and Dairy
- Vegans pursue their diet for a number of reasons (PDF)
- Why meat, fish & dairy harm
- What Happens To Your Body When You Go Vegan
- What’s the beef with red meat?
- Diets high in meat, eggs and dairy could be as harmful to health as smoking
- Here Are the Top 10 Health Concerns Linked to Meat
- Risk in Red Meat?
- How does eating meat harm the environment?
- 16 Reasons Why You Want to Reconsider Eating Meat
Staying Healthy With a Vegan Diet
- A balanced diet for vegans
- The vegan diet
- Building a Healthy Vegan/Vegetarian Meal Myths and Facts
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for First-Time Vegans
- Healthy Eating for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Vegetarian and Vegan Nutrition
- Can Athletes Benefit from a Vegan Diet? (PDF)
- Happy Cow – Find Vegan Food Near Me
- Vegan & Vegetarian Diets for Athletes
- My Vegan Plate Nutrition Tips (PDF)
Vegan Recipes and Vegan Substitutions
- Vegan Recipes and Meal Planning
- Vegan Brownies
- Kale, Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Au Gratin
- Fresh, Fast and Frugal Vegan Recipes (PDF)
- Vegan Loaded Sweet Potato
- How to Be Vegan on a Budget – The Complete Guide with Recipes
- Vegan.org — RECIPES
- Vegan Dinner Recipes
- Tempeh Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
- Vegan Jambalaya
- The Ultimate Vegan Baking Cheat Sheet
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake with Peanut Butter Pretzel Crust
- Eating Vegan On a Budget
- Teriyaki Tofu-Tempeh Casserole
- Vegan Recipes on a budget
- Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Raspberry Macarons
- Vegan Chick-Fil-A Deluxe Sandwich
- 5 Vegan Substitutes for Eggs in Baking
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Easy Vegan Falafel Burger Recipe
- How To Make A Week’s Worth of Vegan Lunches for $15 at Trader Joe’s
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Curried Lentils
- Baked Vegan Ratatouille
- How to Make Seitan
- Healthier Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Dairy Substitutes
- Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- How to Make Vegan Apple Spice Cake with Maple Buttercream
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Vegan Oreo Ice cream
- 20 Minute Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Cauliflower Alfredo (Vegan & Nut-free)
- Everything You Need to Know About Vegan Aquafaba
Animal Rights Information
- Why Animal Rights?
- Friends of Animals – Animal Rights
- Mercy For Animals
- Animal rights Ethics Guide
- Animal Welfare Council – Welfare vs. Rights
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)