Before summer comes to a close, don’t forget to have some juicy burgers! This grilled hamburger recipe is one I’ve perfected after wanting to find something restaurant-quality that has the best flavor and juiciness. Fire up the grill and invite your favorite people to join you for grilling hamburgers tonight!
The Best Homemade Hamburger Recipe
In my quest to make the best hamburger recipe, I have found there is a secret ingredient that makes the best burger recipe. Once you start using it, you will up that homemade burger game and people will forever ask you how you made hamburger perfection.
What are the ingredients for hamburgers?
- Ground beef – Use the 80% lean/20% fat kind. The perfect ratio for the best hamburger patty recipe.
- Best Burger Seasoning – The burger seasoning recipe is a combination of paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and seasoning salt.
- Worcestershire sauce – This is your secret ingredient to the best hamburger patty recipe!
- Buns – I like the sesame seed style but feel free to use your favorite.
- Toppings – Use whatever you like but I usually put cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ketchup, mustard, and pickles out for everyone to top their way.
- Cheese – if you want to upgrade to a cheeseburger recipe simply add a slice of American cheese or cheddar cheese a couple minutes before removing from the grill.
I can make hamburgers disappear. Whats your superpower?
Easy Hamburger Recipe
All told, it takes less than 25 minutes to make homemade hamburgers. They’re one of the best things to throw on the grill for family dinner or when guests join you. Once you see how easy it is to make the best burgers, you’ll always make them yourself!
How do you make burgers from scratch?
For your homemade burger recipe, start by adding your ground beef in a large bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Mix with your hands without over-combining. Then divide the meat into fourths and shape into patties. They should be about ¾-inch to an inch thick. Indent the center of each with your thumb. Then cook over medium-high heat on your grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add cheese if you like about 1 or 2 minutes before you pull them off the grill.
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Homemade Burgers Every Time
- Don’t overmix the meat. This is the biggest mistake people make with burgers. The more you mix, the less juicy your burgers will be.
- Time it out. If you want your burgers cooked to a certain doneness, do not guess how long it’s been or you’ll either wind up with a raw center or something that is too well-done for your tastes.
- Don’t squeeze the burgers. You see so many people squashing the patties down with the spatula. If you do this, you’ll release all the juices inside that make them tender.
- Let them rest. With any grilled hamburger recipe, use a tray to put your burgers on and let them rest a moment before popping them onto the buns.
What are the ingredients for hamburgers?
You need 80/20 ground beef, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt, and Worcestershire sauce, along with buns and any toppings you’d like.
What is the secret to juicy hamburgers?
That 80/20 mix on the meat is one of the secrets as is not mixing the meat up too much. Don’t forget the thumbprint in the middle of the patty for even cooking.
How do you make a good burger at home?
Start by making your burger patties fresh with proper seasonings. Adding Worcestershire sauce was a game-changer for me because it gives burgers that restaurant flavor.
Do you need to add anything to ground beef for burgers?
Yes, add some dry seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. You don’t want to add more than that or you’ll change the consistency.
What do you season burgers with?
Keep it simple with seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. A small amount of Worcestershire sauce helps too without making it fall apart.
How do you make hamburger patties from scratch?
Simply mix up your ground beef and seasonings. Then roll the meat into balls and flatten into patties about 1/3 lb each.
What can I mix with hamburger meat?
Mix dry seasonings with a little Worcestershire sauce. If you add too many other things, your burgers will fall apart.
How do you make hamburger patties that don’t fall apart?
When making hamburger patties, don’t add too many extras. These ingredients add more moisture to the meat which keeps it from staying together.
How do you make hamburgers more flavorful?
Use the right seasonings. I use Worcestershire sauce plus paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and seasoning salt. Also, when making a grilled burger recipe, the grill will actually add a charred flavor to the burger that makes it taste like restaurant quality.
What does adding egg to hamburger do?
Egg binds a burger together though I don’t recommend it. This makes it more like a meatloaf. You don’t need egg to make a burger stay together. Just keep things simple and don’t overmix the meat.
How to Cook Hamburgers
Hamburgers in this recipe are cooked on the grill. You can also use your stove top if you don’t have a grill.
How Long to Cook Burgers?
Cooking burgers on the grill takes about 8 minutes total, 4 minutes on each side, depending on what burger temperature you like your meat cooked.
What goes well with Hamburgers?
Classic hamburger toppings are lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. You can add all the things you like too. I also serve potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and your typical backyard BBQ foods when I make burgers.
How to Store Hamburgers
When everyone is full, put your hamburgers in the fridge. It’s best to keep the cooked patties separated from the buns.
How Long Do Hamburgers Last?
You should use those hamburgers within 2 to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Hamburgers?
Yes! Hamburgers freeze so well. Uncooked patties can be stored for longer, but cooked ones can be kept for about 2 months.
How to Reheat Hamburgers?
Let them thaw overnight in the fridge first. Then put them in a 400F oven and use a metal rack on top of a baking sheet to keep fat from dripping. Then cook for about 3 minutes and it should be ready.
Watch How To Make Hamburgers (Video)
Classic Juicy Hamburger Recipe
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground beef (80% lean 20% fat)
- 1 1/4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch black pepper (up to 1 tsp depending on preference)
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- cheese (optional topping)
- lettuce (optional topping)
- tomato (optional topping)
- onion (optional topping)
- ketchup (optional topping)
- mustard (optional topping)
- pickles (optional topping)
- Start by adding the ground beef into a large bowl. Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and black pepper and then mix with your hands until just combined, making sure not to over-mix. Divide the ground beef mixture into fourths and form into patties that between 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch thick. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each patty.
- Time to cook. Place the burgers on a medium-high grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they’ve reached desired temperature. If you want to make cheeseburgers, place the slices of cheese on each patty 1-2 minutes before they’re taken off the grill so the cheese can melt. Place the patties on hamburger buns and top with optional toppings.
More hamburger recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.