Everyone loves this pancake recipe for breakfast, especially kids! My kids always request this easy pancake recipe that uses real ingredients and none of that weird boxed stuff that I’m not even sure what it’s made from.
Best Pancake Recipe
The best pancake recipe uses eggs differently than the others. I like to separate my yolks and my whites to give the texture the kind you find when you go out for a mega-brunch with those heavenly stacks of pancakes.
Simple Ingredients for Making Pancakes
This easy recipe calls for basic ingredients you likely already have in your cupboard.
- Eggs – the best way to get perfect pancakes is to separate the yolks from the whites
- Baking powder – it helps the flour rise up a bit so your pancakes get the fluffiness you crave from the pancake house
- Butter – melt it so it mixes in with that rich taste
- Sugar – all pancakes need sugar to have that nice, sweet flavor you love
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch
Pancakes from scratch are just as easy as making them from a box, but they taste better and are better for you because they’re made from wholesome ingredients. You’ll mix the yolks in with sugar and melted butter, then add milk. You’ll then sift in the dry ingredients and stir it together.
Then with your hand-mixer, you’ll whip up the egg whites and fold that into your other mixture. The key is to mix it well but not so much that there are no lumps. Lumpy pancake batter = the best pancakes from scratch!
How to make pancake mix?
If you want pancakes from scratch made even easier, you can always prep your dry ingredients in advance. This way, when you and your crew want fluffy pancakes from scratch, you can simply mix in the wet ingredients. Make sure you store the dry ingredients in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Easy Pancake Recipe
This is an easy pancake recipe too. Just because the eggs are separated doesn’t make it anymore complex. In fact, you’ll have it ready to cook in 10 minutes. From there, it’s another 10 minutes of cooking and you’ll soon have gorgeous stacks of pancakes for the whole family to enjoy.
Are Pancakes Gluten-free?
No, but with a few simple tweaks, you can make them gluten-free by using gluten-free flour!
Are Pancakes Vegan?
Because pancakes use eggs, butter, and milk, they are not vegan. But you can make vegan pancakes by subbing vegetable oil for butter, omitting the eggs, and using soy milk instead of dairy milk.
I’m going to have pancakes with a side of pancakes.
How to Make Fluffy Pancakes
If you want fluffy pancakes, this is an important step to follow in the recipe. The secret is in the eggs. Separating them is the key to these fluffy results and it takes no extra time or stress. Once you do it this way, you’ll never go back to simply chucking eggs into your mix.
Different Toppings for Pancakes
The old tried and true pat of butter and maple syrup is always a classic, though you can use different toppings:
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Flavored syrups (like blueberry or boysenberry)
How to Store Leftover Pancakes
Leftover pancakes are so easy to store. If you somehow find yourself with extras, you can seal them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They’ll make a perfect quick breakfast on school days too.
Can You Freeze Pancakes?
Yes! That’s the best part! Again, airtight is the key. Seal those babies up and pop them in the freezer. They’ll be good for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Pancakes
The fastest and easiest way to reheat your pancakes is in the microwave. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds depending on the wattage of your microwave to heat up one serving of pancakes.
You can also use your toaster, but if you have a large batch of them to heat up, use your oven. Simply preheat to 350F, then put your pancakes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cover the pancakes securely with foil and bake it for up to 10 minutes or until they’re all hot and ready.
Best Homemade Pancake Recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and melted butter until smooth. Add in the milk and then whisk again.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet as smooth as possible.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites into stiff peaks with an electric hand mixer, then gently fold them into the cake batter until just combined.
- In a small skillet, on low medium heat setting melt butter until bubbling or use non-stick cooking spray. Add your pancake batter, flipping when bubbles form over the surface of the pancake. Cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Serve and top with your favorite toppings. Butter, maple syrup, honey, ice cream, yogurt all make this classic delicious!
More pancake recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.