Trying to come up with the best way to cook brussel sprouts? This fantastic side dish will have your kids eating brussel sprouts every time. It’s quick enough for your weeknight dinners and fancy enough to serve to guests. You’ll want this roasted brussel sprouts recipe in your pocket for any occasion!
Best Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Fresh, simple, and wholesome, there isn’t much to it when it comes to making the best roasted brussel sprouts recipe. You’ll have this on your table fast with tasty flavor that come together quick for any meal.
Easy Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Oven baked brussel sprouts take just 15 minutes of prep time and the rest is done in the oven. This easy roasted brussel sprouts recipe leaves your stove top free for other endeavors, making meal time much easier on you.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
- Brussel sprouts – When cooking brussel sprouts it is best to buy them fresh and trim the bottoms off of them before halving them.
- Extra virgin olive oil – For the perfect coating for crispy brussel sprouts in the oven!
- Balsamic vinegar – Roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar really takes them to the next level. The balsamic adds nice contrast in flavor .
- Honey – Use real honey to add sweetness that works well with the balsamic vinegar.
- Minced garlic – Because garlic goes great with oven roasted brussel sprouts! Roasted brussel sprouts with garlic have an added level of flavor that really makes them stand out.
- Salt and pepper – To taste are the only dry seasoning for brussel sprouts you will need.
How do you Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Scratch
Making a crispy brussel sprouts recipe is a simple step-by-step process. You’ll preheat your oven first and while that’s happening, you’ll wash and trim the bottoms off the brussel sprouts, then halve them. Toss them in part of the olive oil with salt and pepper and roast. They’ll be golden brown and fork-tender. Then toss with the rest of the ingredients until it’s all coated and serve.
Everyday I’m brusselin’.
Expert Tips for the Perfect Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Every Time
- Trim those ends. When cooking brussel sprouts in the oven, to eliminate some bitterness right off the bat, that bottom part of the brussel sprout and the exterior leaves need to go.
- Don’t add the balsamic and honey before roasting. That will give it an odd flavor. When making balsamic brussel sprouts, be sure to add thee balsamic vinegar and honey after the roasting.
- Use a fork to check for tenderness. At the end of the roasting time, you should be able to pierce the brussel sprouts with a fork.
How do I Roast Brussel Sprouts?
To roast brussel sprouts, all it takes is a sheet pan lined with foil, brussel sprouts tossed in olive oil, and some salt and pepper. Yes, it’s THAT easy to make this baked brussel sprouts recipe!
How do I prepare brussel sprouts?
To prepare brussel sprouts, you should rinse them well or even soak them if you have enough time. Trim the bottoms and outer leaves off, then cut them in half to prep them for roasting.
Should you rinse brussel sprouts before roasting?
Yes, much like preparing any vegetable, you should clean brussel sprouts off before you roast them.
Do you need to soak brussel sprouts before cooking?
You don’t need to, but it might help to soak them first. Do so for 20 minutes if you have time, prior to trimming them. If not, make sure you at least rinse them before you prep them for roasting.
Should you cut brussel sprouts in half before roasting?
Yes, you should cut them in half before roasting so they will all cook more evenly.
Do you have to steam brussel sprouts before roasting?
No, steaming is what leads to a soggy texture. Simply follow this recipe and you’ll have the perfect taste and texture.
How do you cook brussel sprouts so they are not bitter?
This recipe will help you cook your brussel sprouts so they’re not bitter. A big part of it is using extra virgin olive oil as the natural fat in this oil helps keep bitterness away.
How Long to Roast Brussel Sprouts in the Oven
At 400F, you’ll roast brussel sprouts for 20 minutes. That’s all it takes for baked brussel sprouts to be done!
Why are my roasted brussel sprouts soggy?
You didn’t use high enough heat. Brussel sprouts taste best when you roast them at 400F temperature. In this cooking method, they will not get soggy and will have a crispy, caramelized texture. Also, make sure you did not leave your brussel sprouts soaking or boil them before starting. Some recipes call for boiling your brussel sprouts but this recipe does not need to be boiled or parboiled. Parboiling stands for ‘partially-boiled‘ which also is not recommended for this recipe.
How do I know when brussel sprouts are done?
Your brussel sprouts are done when you can pierce them easily with a fork. After that, you can finish them off with the rest of the ingredients and serve to get the best texture and taste together.
What goes well with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted brussel sprouts are great with zoodles if you’re trying to keep a meatless meal. They also work with roasted chicken, steak, meatloaf, pork tenderloin, lamb chops, and all sorts of things.
How to Store Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Your roasted brussel sprouts need to be in an airtight container and kept in the fridge so they don’t go bad.
How Long Do Roasted Brussel Sprouts Last?
You can use these roasted brussel sprouts in your fridge for up to 4 days. After that, move them to your freezer.
Can You Freeze Roasted Brussel Sprouts?
You can freeze roasted brussel sprouts, but they will get a bit soggy. Still, they’ll make a great way to use up leftovers for meal prep if you don’t mind the texture change. They’ll last about 10 months this way.
How to Reheat Roasted Brussel Sprouts?
Let them thaw in the fridge overnight, then add a little oil to them and a baking sheet and heat at 350F for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Watch How To Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Video)
Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts (halved)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss the Brussels sprouts with 2 tbsps of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Roast until tender and golden brown. Once roasted, toss with the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
More brussel sprout recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.