Nothing beats a nice, cold mint mojito when you’re sitting by the pool. Gather with friends and let the fun flow with this mojito recipe that will bring the good times. Made with rum, lime juice, mint, and simple syrup, this classic cocktail is just what you need for refreshment. My husband and I love entertaining in our backyard with plenty of this mint mojito recipe to go around.
Best Mojito Recipe
Want to make the best mojito you’ve ever had? Get ready to be your own favorite bartender. I’ll show you how to make this wonderfully refreshing, minty, limy drink!
Easy Mojito Recipe
This easy mojito recipe takes 10 minutes from start to finish. The ingredients detailed here are for one cocktail, so increase as needed to ensure every guest has their glass filled to the brim with the refreshment of mojito.
What are the ingredients for a mojito?
- White rum – This is the alcohol to use. Choose your favorite one!
- Mint leaves – You’ll need 6 of them per cocktail.
- Simple syrup – Made from one part water to one part sugar, prep this ahead so you can sweeten your mojito without having crunchy sugar bits ruining the experience.
- Lime juice – Make sure you squeeze it fresh yourself.
- Club soda – Adds that wonderfully fizzy component.
- Ice – Mojitos need ice to keep it nice and chilled.
If life gives you lemons return them, ask for a lime, and make a mojito.
How do you Make a Mojito from Scratch?
Mojitos are super-simple to make. You’ll use a tall glass and put the mint leaves at the bottom. You’ll take a muddler to those mint leaves until they release their aroma. Then you’ll add the rum, simple syrup, lime juice, and ice. Stir this all together, then fill it the rest of the way with club soda. Don’t forget a garnish of lime slice and more mint!
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Mojito Every Time
- Use a tall glass. You need room to muddle with that muddler.
- Don’t skip simple syrup. Some people put sugar in there with the mint but it makes the drink grainy and doesn’t distribute the sweetness properly throughout. Use simple syrup for a mint mojito.
- Make a pitcher for a crowd. Since this recipe is for one mojito, you can multiply the recipe to fill a pitcher. Mojitos are easy but they take about 10 minutes to make one. If you have guests over, that gets time-consuming so save yourself the hassle by making enough to tide people over for a few rounds.
What is in a mojito cocktail?
A mojito cocktail is made with white rum, mint leaves, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and club soda. It is served in a tall glass with ice.
What does a mojito taste like?
A mojito tastes a bit minty, limy, and has a nice fizzy finish thanks to the club soda. It’s incredibly refreshing and perfect to enjoy when it’s hot outside.
What alcohol is best for mojitos?
Rum is the best alcohol to use for mojitos. It’s also in the traditional recipe. Since mojitos are a tropical type of drink, rum brings out those tropical flavors.
Is mojito made with rum or vodka?
Mojitos are traditionally made with rum. You can choose vodka if you prefer but it will lack that vacation vibe that rum always brings.
Which rum is best for mojito?
When it comes to choosing the best rum for mojitos, your favorite white rum will be the best choice for a mojito. Bacardi Silver, Cruzan Light Rum, and Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum are just a few of the most popular brands that people stock their home bars with for making mojitos.
Can I use vodka instead of rum in a mojito?
Yes, if you only have vodka around your house or you don’t like rum, you can choose vodka instead. It won’t have the same tropical flavors rum adds to the drink though.
How much alcohol is in a mojito?
When made as per measurements, you’re putting in 2.5 ounces of rum in your mojito. Depending on the alcohol content of your chosen rum, that will be about 10 to 15%.
Can you use sparkling water instead of soda water in a mojito?
While mojitos made the traditional way have club soda, you can use sparkling water instead. Whether it’s your preference or that’s all you have on-hand, it will give your mojito that bubbly feeling.
How do you muddle mint without a muddler?
You can use a wooden spoon in a pinch to help you muddle those mint leaves. It’s best to buy a muddler though if you plan on making many mojitos from here on out though.
Do you shake a mojito?
Mojitos are stirred rather than shaken. You don’t want to shake up this drink since it’s all in the pouring and stirring to distribute the flavors.
Watch How To Make a Mojito (Video)
Classic Mojito Recipe
- 6 mint leaves
- 2.5 oz white rum
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
- club soda
- In the bottom of tall glass, muddle the mint leaves until they become aromatic. Add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. Stir thoroughly, then fill with club soda to the top. Garnish with additional lime slices and mint.
More mojito recipes:
Never Miss A Recipe!
Join thousands of HowToCook.recipes subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.